Wednesday 27 August 2008

Boring, boring boring

That was what Charlie said about the circus my sister took him to last week!! I couldn't believe it he loves clowns and things that make him laugh. Apparently after the clowns were on he wanted to go home but my sister persuaded him to stay for about an hour then had to leave. He did get his photo taken with the ring master which was very good I will post it when my mum emails it to me. Other than that he had a whale of a time on his holiday in Brighton with my family, he did lots of fun things went on the beach and to the park etc all the things he really likes doing. Funnily enough when we got to my mums on Saturday morning he looked sooo well much better than he has in a while. He had colour in his cheeks and the dark rings under his eyes had gone. Whether it was the sea air I don't know but he looked very well. He was very pleased to see us and got so excited especially when he saw Olliver he kept saying missed you Ollie which was very sweet Olliver grunted something back at him as at the moment Charlie is just a pest to him!! I was very glad to see him as i had missed him a lot, the break however was lovely and very much appreciated I'm very nervous about Charlie staying away because he needs a lot of care with his physio meds etc but my mum was fine with him and really enjoyed having him there for the week. Later that afternoon I took Olliver to go and see High School Musical at the theatre I think I enjoyed it more than he did. I was really getting into the songs singing and dancing in my seat!! I thought it was very good Ollie said he enjoyed it too so I was pleased about that. When that had finished we got picked up and dropped the boys round at my sisters house for the night she was having them whilst we went out for the evening. They were quite happy they had a McDonald's for tea and my mum had bought them a big bag of juice and sweets to take with them.

We went back to mums and got ready to go out we were going for a meal and then going on to a comedy club. We were all ready and waiting for mum as usual!! We got out and went for a meal which was delicious then about 10 pm we got a taxi to the comedy club. The comedians and the compare were so funny really good. We also met my other sister and her friend who came with us and we all had a really good laugh. We got home about 1.30am and fell into bed I had a really good night and was really able to relax. The next day we collected the boys and went out for lunch, we were supposed to be going home on Sunday but by the time we had got back it was getting on so we stayed at mums again got the boys ready for bed and we settled down to watch a film. We left Monday lunchtime got home and got a bit of food shopping then just watched TV had dinner and got the boys to bed for an early night although Charlie was up and down till about 11pm and still got up about 6 am. Since then we haven't done much just catching up in the house and getting back into a bit of a routine getting ready to go back to school next week. We're going shopping in a while to get new bags and lunch boxes so the boys are looking forward to that. Charlie has started sneezing this morning so i hope he's not coming down with anything. The only other bit of news is that I had a letter from his consultant on Friday it was a copy of the one she has sent to St Marys in London it had a lot of information on it about changes to his lungs and all sorts of things so I'm going to phone his nurse to see if she will come out and explain it to me as it did worry me a bit, I suppose it was seeing it all in black and white as on a daily basis you just get on with it but when you get a letter with a list of diagnosis as they call it it is very daunting. At the moment he seems well so fingers crossed it's going to stay that way for a while.

No comments: